Want to update Intel drivers on your computer? Not sure what to download from Intel website? If yes, forget about searching through pages and use Intel Driver Update Utility, a free online tool for detecting required driver updates for your computer. Continue reading for more details and instructions.
Intel Driver Update Utility
The Intel Driver Update Utility is a browser-based tool. It works by installing a small ActiveX or Java Plug-in in your browser. It can detect drivers on all popular Windows operating systems including Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8. Supported web browsers include Firefox, Internet Explore, Chrome an Safari. Concerned about your privacy? The ActiveX or Java Plug-in evaluates only the hardware and system software. No personal information is collected or transmitted.
How to use Intel Driver Update Utility?
- Open the utility tool link in your favorite web browser.
- When the page loads, press the Check your system for the latest updates.
- The Intel Driver Update Utility will load the Java /ActiveX plugin. Install it.
- Once install is complete, refresh the page and click Check your system for the latest updates link.
- The utility tool will scan your computer to find available driver updates. When found, the details of available driver updates along with download link (or instructions) will be provided in the same web page.
- Download the drivers and install them manually.