Be it freeing up your hard disk space or to install a good alternative, you may want to uninstall a program due to many reasons. Want to uninstall a program from your Windows 8 PC? Removing or uninstalling software in Windows 8 is easy. If you are not sure about how to do that, continue reading and follow the steps.
Steps to uninstall a software from Windows 8:
- Start your computer and move your mouse cursor to the bottom left corner of the screen. Windows Start Screen icon will appear.
- Right click over the Start Screen icon. A new menu will appear. From the menu, select Control Panel.
- Windows 8 Control Panel will appear. Go to Programs section (make sure view by is Category) and press Uninstall a program link.
- The Uninstall or change a program window will appear. Look in the list of installed programs and find the program you want to Uninstall or remove from your computer.
- Once you you have located the program, right click on the name of the program. An Uninstall (or Uninstall/Change) option will appear. Select that option and that particular program will be uninstalled from your Windows 8 computer.
- Optionally, restart your computer to properly finish the uninstall process.
Note: Some programs comes with special Uninstall or Repair panels. For example: security software. If you uninstall such a program by following the above mentioned steps, you may see a different panel after pressing the Uninstall option. Simply follow the instructions on that panel to finish the uninstall process.