Today let’s talk about a simple Windows XP problem. You open the Task Manager and clicked the Processes tab. Normally, there should be Image Name, User Name, CPU and Mem Usage columns. But in your case, the User Name column is completely blank. Why?
Ever encountered the blank user name column problem in Windows Task Manager? Is it a serious problem? What’s wrong with your PC? How to fix this Windows XP problem? How to solve the blank user name column problem in Windows Task Manager?
Don’t worry. This is not a serious problem and can be solved very easily. The User Name column under Processes tab of Task Manager goes blank when the ‘Terminal Services’ is not started. By default startup type for the Terminal Services need to be set to Automatic and it must be started. You can do that by following these simple steps:
- Click Start, Run and type Services.msc.
- Locate the Terminal Services and double-click it.
- Set the Startup type to Automatic, and click Apply.
- Click the Start button to launch the service manually.
- Now Task Manager User Name column and the Users tab will show the appropriate data.