Western Digital (WD) has started shipping WD Scorpio Blue 750 GB notebook hard drives. Designed for mainstream notebook computers, the 2.5-inch notebook hard drives offer industry’s highest capacity to date in this form factor. The WD Scorpio Blue 750 GB (model WD7500BPVT) utilize WD’s leading 375 GB-per-platter areal density and Advanced Format technology.
An ideal solution for notebook computers and other portable devices whose users require extreme capacities in a small package, extended battery life and cool, reliable operation, the WD Scorpio Blue 750 GB hard drive is also one of the quietest 2.5-inch drives on the market.
Features of the WD Scorpio Blue 750 GB include:
- Advanced Format technology – Technology being pioneered by WD and adopted by other drive manufacturers to increase media format efficiencies, thus enabling larger drive capacities.
- WhisperDrive – WD’s exclusive WhisperDrive technology combines state-of-the-art seeking algorithms to yield one of the quietest 2.5-inch hard drives on the market. These algorithms also optimize the way a drive seeks for data, which significantly improves power consumption.
- ShockGuard – Leading-edge ShockGuard technology protects the drive mechanics and platter surfaces from shocks.
- SecurePark – WD’s SecurePark technology parks the recording heads off the disk surface during spin up, spin down, and when the drive is off. This ensures the recording head never touches the disk surface resulting in improved long term reliability due to less head wear, and improved non-operational shock tolerance.
- Fast and efficient – Ultra-fast 3 gigabits per second (Gb/s) SATA interface speed yields performance fit for demanding mobile applications.
- Tested for compatibility – WD performs extensive tests on hundreds of systems and a multitude of platforms in its FIT Lab and Mobile Compatibility Lab to give our customers confidence that our drives will work in their systems.
WD Scorpio Blue 2.5-inch drives offer high-performance, low power consumption and cool operation. They are shipping now through select distributors and resellers at a Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $149.00 USD.