Need a powerful alternative for notepad in Windows? Or, looking for a good source code editor? If yes, you should try a freeware text editor called SynWrite. Released under Mozilla Public License 1.1, the SynWrite is an open source text and code editor for Windows. It can be used both as a text editor (notepad replacement) and a powerful source code viewer/editor tool. Read on for more details and download link of SynWrite.
Just like Notepad++, this free application comes packed with features and functions which will easily grab attention of a coder or web developer. For example: syntax highlighting, code folding, spell checking, auto-completion, images preview, Emmet (Zen Coding), bookmarks, file explorer, regular expressions in search & replace, FTP/SFTP client, hotkeys, keyboard macros, plugin support etc. Portable mode is also available. In other words, SynWrite is a powerful text editor or an universal viewer for advanced users such as programmers. Try it today.
Some of the key features of SynWrite include:
- Feature rich source code editor and notepad replacement.
- Syntax highlighting support for many languages.
- Coding helpers such as Auto-completion, Auto-closing of tags/brackets, Code templates, Color picker, Images preview, SmartTagTabbing etc.
- Multiple Panels such as File Explorer, Tree structure view, Project management, FTP/SFTP client, Clipboard history, Tabs list, Search Results, Document mini-map etc.
- Supports almost all encoding formats.
- Integrated HTML Tidy library.
- Fully customizable hotkeys.
- Search and replace in multiple files.
- Search, replace with regular expressions.
- Export to RTF/HTML with syntax highlighting.
- Support for plugins and external tools.
- Support for portable mode.
- Multilingual user interface.
- Free and open source.
SynWrite supports following:
Price & License:
The SynWrite is free software. It is available under Mozilla Public License Version 1.1.
Apart from English, SynWrite is available in following languagesChinese (Simplified), German, Italian, Japanese, Russian and Spanish.