In this article, we’ll discuss about the Basic version of Yahoo! Mail*. Love it or hate it, the new Yahoo Mail interface (released in 2012) is here to stay. As Yahoo Mail Classic is officially dead, you have two options in hand – get used to the new version or switch to a different webmail provider. But wait! If you don’t like Newest Yahoo Mail, try the Basic version once. It is not similar to the Classic Mail but still works better than default new version. Read on to know more about Yahoo Mail Basic interface and learn how to switch to it.
Full Featured and Basic Yahoo Mail
How to switch to Yahoo Mail Basic version?
- Open Yahoo Mail web site in your browser and login with your ID and password.
- Once successfully logged in, look in the top right corner of the screen. There is a gear icon right next to your name. Move your mouse over that gear icon. A menu will appear. Select Mail Options.
- You’ll be redirected to Mail Options tab. In the General section, go to the Advanced settings. For the option Switch now, select Basic (default is Full featured).
- Refresh Required message will pop-up. Press the OK button.
- Now in the Mail Options tab, press the Save button.
Your settings will be saved and Yahoo will redirect you to inbox. But the interface will change to Basic version. Simple!
*Note: By Basic I referred to Yahoo Mail Basic interface, not the Yahoo Mail Classic.