Some or all emails are missing from your Yahoo! Mail account? Or accidentally deleted few important email from your mail account? Wondering how to get back the lost or deleted emails in Yahoo Mail? If yes, read on. Yahoo! Mail offers a helpful e-mail restoration option. Using that one can recover deleted or lost emails and instant messages. But the restore process works only within a time limit, which is 48 hours and no one can guarantee a successful recovery. Still, instead of regretting why not try the available option in hand? More details below.
How emails disappear from Yahoo! Mail?
Due to several reason emails may disappear from your new or old Yahoo! Mail account. Some example situations:
- Accidental deletion: Important emails may get deleted while cleaning spam or old e-mails.
- Hacked or compromised account: Someone got your password and deleted your e-mail(s).
- Deleting email from mobile: The IMAP protocol synchronizes mail account inbox with mobile inbox. In that situation deleting an email from your device, also deletes it from the mail account.
- Email deleted from external email client: Email clients such as Microsoft Outlook or Mozilla Thunderbird settings may delete or remove your old emails.
Yahoo! Mail Restore:
In some situation, Yahoo may restore or recover your lost or deleted e-mails and instant messages. The Yahoo! Mail restore process can’t restore any specific email or folder. What it does is actually reverts back your mail account to a time when your lost emails were there. So, you need to provide a time when you last saw the lost mails. And most important thing is, the mail restore option of Yahoo! Mail can restore messages lost or deleted within last 48 hours only. So, you need to act quick for recovering emails by using that process.
After the recovery is completed, messages sent or received after the time you mentioned will vanish from your account. So, it is strongly suggested that you make backup copies of your newer emails or messages before asking for Yahoo! Mail restore.
How to start Yahoo! Mail Restore process?
Before requesting a restore, make sure your emails are really lost and not hidden in some folder or trash.
- Open this link to start the Yahoo! Mail Restore process.
- Under the option Describe the problem select the most appropriate option for your case.
- In the next field select a time frame when your last saw the lost emails.
- Then enter your name, Yahoo! ID and email addresses.
- Press the Submit button.
What’s next? Yahoo support team will process the request. If possible your mail account will be restored to a state when the now lost emails were there. The time period mentioned in the 3rd step above is important for recovery. Naturally, Yahoo can’t guarantee a success in all cases. But chance of lost e-mail recovery also depends on how fast you act. If you just accidentally deleted one or some of your important emails, request restore within 24 hours. It will increase the chance of getting back your lost messages.