Online classifieds websites are one of the top online services available today. Want to start an online classifieds site? Are you looking for a free classifieds script? If yes, don’t forget to try Osclass – the free, open source classifieds script. One can use this free script to create both general ad listing sites and specialized websites such as real estate, jobs or automobile classified ads listing sites. Written in PHP, Osclass is easy to use and even works on shared hosting.
Osclass offers easy customization option via plugins, themes and language files. Plenty of good quality themes and powerful plugins are already available on the official website. Other features of this script include unlimited categories & sub-categories, sitemap generator, nice URLs, robots.txt, full text search engine etc. Osclass is regularly updated and 100% open source. It is already powering many popular online classified ads websites. So, you can definitely trust on it.
Minimum requirements for Osclass:
- PHP version: 5.x and above.
- GD module for PHP.
- MySQL database access
- MySQLi module for PHP.
How to install and use Osclass?
Installing Osclass takes just a few minutes. installation process is easy and server requirement is also minimum (can be used on shared hosting).
- Download latest Osclass release from the official website (look below for download link).
- Extract and upload the content of the package your web server.
- Installation can be initiated by opening yoursite.com/index.php (if install location is root) or yoursite.com/sub-directory/index.php (if install location is a sub-directory).
- Follow the onscreen instructions. Provide database details, choose categories and complete the install.
- Login to your Osclass admin area by using the auto generated password. Don’t forget to customize your new classified ads site with themes and plugins.
From small personal sites to large business sites, Osclass is capable of handling all kinds of classified ad websites. If you were looking for a powerful classified ads script, spare some time and try Osclass. I’m sure it won’t disappoint you.