Insoshi is an open source social networking platform developed in Ruby on Rails. You can use Insoshi to build your own custom social networks or clones of popular social networks or an advanced Twitter clone. It includes user activity feed, user profiles, internal messaging system, blogs, discussion forums, email notification and many other features that you normally find in premium social networking scripts. How Insoshi looks like? Take a look at the screenshot or try the live demo link below. The source code to Insoshi is managed via Git, a version control system developed by Linus Torvalds to host the Linux kernel development.
Current version of Insoshi social networking script includes the following features:
- Open Source Social Networking Script.
- User Activity feed.
- Personal profiles with photo upload and comment walls.
- Internal messaging system with read/replied/trashed messages.
- Contacts list.
- Photo galleries.
- Blogs with comments.
- Discussion forum.
- Search for profiles, forums, and blogs.
- Admin panel with site preferences.
- Option for email verification and activity notifications