Want to view a saved password in Vivaldi browser? Like other web browsers, Vivaldi can store your username and password combinations in it’s password manager. That feature allows seamless, one-click login on most websites. But using browser’s internal password manager often leads to forgotten passwords. This tutorial will teach you how to recover a password in Vivaldi browser.
Once your browser stores a username-password combination for a website, you don’t have to remember or enter the password to login to that site. But what if you forgot a password and want to login from a different browser? You’ll have two options for password recovery – a) reset the password by going to that site and b) retrieve it from your browser’s password manager. The first option is often complex for many sites. You may have to prove the ownership of that account. How about the second option? If you had allowed Vivaldi to store your password, you can easily retrieve it from the password manager. But how? Continue reading and learn how to view passwords stored by Vivaldi browser.
Steps to view saved passwords in Vivaldi:
For privacy reasons, the stored passwords are kept hidden from the browser interface. The Passwords section in Vivaldi Privacy settings page displays a list of stored logins. But it shows only the website URL and account name. There is no option to view the passwords. You can retrieve the stored password specific to an URL by following these steps:
- Open Vivaldi browser.
- Copy and paste the following in the address bar: vivaldi://chrome/settings/passwords. Then press Enter button on your keyboard.
- The Passwords settings tab will appear. You’ll see the list of all saved username-password combinations. Obviously, the passwords will be hidden. Click on the password that you want to view. A Show button will appear. Click on that button.
- You’ll see a re-authentication window asking you to enter the password of your computer (Windows user account password). Enter it and press OK.
- You’ll see the password. Copy it or write it down. Once done, don’t forget to press the Hide button next to the password.
- Press the Done button to close Password manager.
So, that’s how we recover a lost or forgotten password from Vivaldi browser. Did it helped you?