How to use safe mode in Windows 8? Already tried keyboard shortcut F8 or Shift+F8, but nothing appears? If you are facing such a situation, you must be wondering how to boot into safe mode while using Windows 8. Right? Well, it is not that hard. First, forget about F8, which you used with earlier Microsoft Windows operating systems. As the new Windows 8 operating system starts pretty fast, there is no use of such shortcut. But there are simpler ways though! Find below more details on how to start Windows 8 in Safe Mode and use other advanced startup features.
Start Windows 8 in Safe Mode:
If you are not signed in to Windows, it’s just a few steps away:
- Click or tap the Power icon in Windows sign-in screen.
- Hold Shift, and then click or tap the Restart button.
- On the Startup Settings screen select Safe Mode option from multiple options.
If you are signed in to Windows, follow the steps below:
- Press the Windows key + C (or swipe in from the right edge of the screen to open Charms)
- Click or tap Settings, and then on Change PC settings.
- Under the PC settings, click or tap on General.
- Go to Advanced startup, click or tap Restart now.
- From the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot.
- In the Advanced options, select Windows Startup Settings.
- Click or tap Restart. Wait till Windows restarts.
- On the Startup Settings screen, choose Safe Mode or other startup option you want. You need to press the corresponding number for that particular option.
- Sign in to your Windows 8 computer with administrator account.
- Do what you wanted to in Safe Mode.