Is it possible to run Android apps on PC? Yes, it is possible! In fact, it is easy and can be done by anyone. All you have to do is get the right tools and follow the correct procedure. There are several ways to run Android application on a computer. One of the best and easiest ways is to use BlueStacks App Player. Want to know more? Continue reading and learn how to run your favorite Android apps on Windows or Mac.
BlueStacks App Player is a small application, which allows users to install and run Android apps on desktop and tablets. And the best thing is it is 100% FREE. BlueStack works on Windows and Mac operating system.
How to Install BlueStacks?
- Get BlueStacks installer from the download link (look below).
- Once download is complete, run the installer.
- The BlueStacks installer window will appear. Press Continue.
- Next page will give you some options, which are already checked by default. Press Install.
- The installer will start copying files. Let the installer download runtime data. Depending on your Internet connection, it make take few moments to several minutes.
- Once installation process completes, BlueStacks App Player will start.
- During the first run, you’ll be asked to Enable AppStore and 1-Click Sync. That will help is easy install and sync of Android apps. Enter your Google account details to complete the process.
That’s it! You have just installed BlueStacks on your computer. It means now you can start running your favorite Android apps right on your PC. In the next step I’ll tell you how to find and install Android apps. Before that, learn how to close/open BlueStacks.
To Start BlueStacks: Click the Start Menu or Desktop shortcut.
To Exit BlueStacks: Right click on the BlueStacks icon on your status bar and select Exit.
How to Search and Install Apps on BlueStacks:
- Start BlueStacks on your computer.
- When the program finishes loading, you’ll see the home screen. You can go to the home screen anytime by clicking the colorful icon in the center of the bottom bar. You can switch between full screen and windowed view by clicking the bottom right icon (two windows) or by press the F11 key.
- BlueStack adds some apps (1 Mobile Market, Installer, Facebook, Twitter) during the installation. You can see them in the home screen. To start searching for Android apps, press App Search or the search icon on top.
- And overlay screen will appear. Type name of the app you want to install and press Find. For example: type talking tom to install the popular Talking Tom Android app.
- Search results will be displayed on the same screen. Press the Install button against the name of the app you want to install.
- You’ll be given option to get the app either from 1 Mobile Market of Google Play Store. Select your preferred option and download/installation will start.
- Once installation completes, you’ll get a notification in your status bar. Go back to home screen to run the app you have just installed.
So, it was easy. Right? The above screenshot shows Facebook app running on BlueStacks installed on an Windows 8 machine. Like this way you can run Android apps on PC. Go ahead and install BlueStacks today.
BlueStacks application runs on Windows XP, Vista, 7, Windows 8 and Mac OS X.
Download BlueStacks for Windows
Gaurav on 22nd Sep, 13 11:09am #
Nice. So now we can pretend to be using Android platform?