Ever wanted to reset a WordPress blog? If yes, download WordPress Reset plugin and reset your blog to default state. The WordPress Reset is a free plugin, which can reset your blog in seconds. If you are a theme developer or plugin creator, WordPress is one of the must have plugins for you. This free plugin works by resetting the WordPress database. So, all content and customizations disappear. In simple words, your blog will appear as any other freshly installed blog. WordPress Reset never deletes the files. If your blog has an admin account, this plugin will recreate the same with current password and email ID. If WordPress admin account is not present, the account used for login will be recreated with same email address and password.
How to use WordPress Reset?
- Download and extract the plugin.
- Upload the wordpress-reset folder to
wp-content/pluginsin your file manager.
- Activate WordPress Reset from Plugins menu in your blog dashboard.
- Go to Tools and open Reset. WordPress Reset interface will appear.
- Type reset in the blank field and press Reset button.
- Warning message will appear informing the action is not reversible. Press OK.
- That’s it. WordPress will reset in a few moments and you’ll be greeted ed by familiar WordPress welcome screen.
The WordPress Reset is a very handy plugin, specially for developers who work on themes and plugins. It also has the ability to reactivate itself and other plugins after the reset is complete. To use self automatic reactivation, you need to paste the following code to wp-config.php file:
define( 'REACTIVATE_WP_RESET', true );
If you don’t like manual reactivation of multiple plugins, you may tell WordPress to reactivate your plugins after using the reset. For that, you need to add $reactivate_wp_reset_additional array to wp-config.php file. Example:
$reactivate_wp_reset_additional = array(