So, you want to import bookmarks to Firefox? Read on to find step by step guide on importing bookmarks in Firefox web browser. Learn to import from JSON/HTML bookmarks file, daily Firefox backups and even from a different web browser such as Internet Explorer, Safari or Google Chrome.
Mozilla Firefox browser supports import/export of bookmarks. In Firefox, you can import bookmarks from a previously exported file or from a different web browser. Alternatively you can import (restore) a system backup of your bookmarks. This option comes handy when you accidentally delete/remove certain sites (links) from your bookmarks menu. The import process is very simple and requires no change in customization or settings. Within a minute you’ll be able to access your favorite websites from Firefox.
Steps to import bookmarks in Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Go to the menu bar and select Bookmarks. Choose Show All Bookmarks from the menu. If you prefer shortcuts, press Ctrl+Shift+B.
- Firefox Bookmark library will appear. In the top menu, press Import and Backup link. Several options will appear. Read the points below and select the option which suits you most.
- If you want to get back recently deleted sites, press Restore and select a date from the menu. For help, refer Image 1.
- If you want to import from an earlier backup file, press Restore and select Choose file… option. A new window will appear. Go to the location where you have the backup and select the respective file (it should be a JSON file) and press open. For help, refer Image 2.
- If you want to import from an HTML backup file, press Import Bookmarks from HTML… option. The Import Bookmarks File window will appear. Go to the location where you have the HTML bookmarks file. Select the file and press Open.
- If you want to import bookmarks directly from a different browser installed on your computer, press Import Data from another Browser link. Import Wizard will start. Select the browser of your choice from the list and press Next button. Then select Bookmarks (Favorites if your picked Internet Explorer) and press Next. Importing process will start. Upon successful importing, press the Finish button. For help, refer Image 3.
Screenshots related to importing of bookmarks in Firefox:
Image 1: Importing Bookmarks from a Firefox bookmarks export file.
Image 2: Restoring bookmarks from a Firefox bookmark backup. Those daily backups are maintained by Firefox and often helps in accidental deletion of important links from bookmarks menu.
Image 3: Importing bookmarks from Internet Explorer. Firefox supports direct import of bookmarks and other things such as browsing history, cookies and internet options) from Internet Explorer or the web browsers.