Unable to uninstall a McAfee product by using Add/Remove Programs in the Windows Control Panel? Want to fully remove McAfee products from a computer? If yes, you should use a McAfee removal tool. A removal tool or uninstaller utility helps in completely removing programs from a computer. Read the instructions below and quickly remove all traces of McAfee products from your PC.
The best way to fully uninstall a McAfee product is to use an uninstaller or removal tool. McAfee offers McAfee Consumer Product Removal (MCPR) tool for that purpose. The MCPR is a freeware uninstaller for all McAfee products including McAfee Antivirus, McAfee Internet Security and more. It is available for download as MCPR.exe, which is about 3MB in size.
How to Uninstall McAfee Products by using MCPR tool?
- Download the MCPR tool from official McAfee website (look below for download link).
- Go to the location where you saved the file (MCPR.exe) on your hard disk. Run the program (double click or right click and select run as Administrator).
- When the McAfee Software Removal window appears, press Next button.
- End User License Agreement (EULA) will appear. Select Agree and press Next button.
- Security validation window will appear. Enter the CAPTCHA and press Next button.
- Uninstall process will start. When you see Cleanup Successful, restart your computer. If it shows Cleanup Unsuccessful, view the log file. It will tell your what’s wrong. You can save the log file for future reference.
Download Link: Download MCPR tool
Due to several reasons you may want to uninstall McAfee. The standard way to uninstall a McAfee program in Windows is to use the Add/Remove Programs option in Control Panel. It is ease and often works. But Add/Remove Programs can’t guarantee a clean uninstall and traces of the uninstalled program might remain in your system. If you want to uninstall McAfee to perform a clean re-install or to use a different software, you should always go for a clean or full uninstall. And for a clean uninstall, always use free McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool (MCPR.exe).