Just like other web browsers do, Google Chrome records and stores your web browsing activities in it’s history. Browser history helps in quickly finding pages or content that you accessed earlier. But history also possess threat to privacy of the user. That’s why web browser history should be regularly cleaned. This article you’ll find instruction on how to clean or delete history in Google Chrome?
History in Chrome is more than just web browsing history. It can include several items such as your browsing history, download history, cache, auto-fill form data, passwords, cookies, content licenses and apps data. If you don’t clean history, anyone with access to your computer can explore your browsing history and can even steal your passwords or other valuable information. If more than one person uses your computer or if you are serious about your privacy, you should regularly delete Chrome history. Moreover, erasing web browser history and cache often helps in speeding up a computer. So, try to make it a habit of cleaning your browser history.
Delete or Remove Chrome Browsing History:
- Open your Google Chrome web browser.
- Press the menu button (looks like three horizontal bars) on the right side of the window.
- A large menu will appear. Select History from the menu.
- Chrome History window tab will appear. If you want to delete selected history items follow Option A, else follow Option B (to delete your complete browsing history):
- Option A: Locate the item you want to delete and press the small arrow sign next to it. Two options will appear. Select Remove from history. Repeat same for each item, you want to remove.
- Option B: Press the Clear browsing data link. An window will pop-up with several options. Select the beginning of time from the drop-down menu and check all options. Press the Clear browsing data button. Within seconds Chrome will remove your browsing history.
Using Shortcut Keys:
That’s it. It was easy. Isn’t it? If you prefer shortcuts, press together Ctrl and H buttons in your keyboard (Ctrl+H). That will bring the Chrome History window That means directly step 4 of the above mentioned instruction. No need to go through step 2-3. So, if you want to quickly delete your browsing history, use Ctrl+H in Google Chrome.