This article is about how to create a system restore point in Windows 8 operating system. System restore is a native Windows feature which enables users to restore their computer to a previous state. System restore comes handy in solving problems, specially ones that appears right after installing a new application. Windows 8 operating system also has this feature. Want to know how to create a restore point in Windows 8? If yes, continue reading and follow the instructions.
Steps to create a restore point in Windows 8:
- Move your mouse to the bottom left corner of the screen. Windows 8 Start menu icon will appear. Right click and select System from the menu that appears. Alternatively press Windows button+Pause button to open System panel.
- In the System panel there are several options in the left bar. Select System Protection.
- Windows System Properties will appear with System Protection tab selected. Look towards the bottom of the window. There is a Create… button. Press it.
- Now Windows will ask you to specify a name for your system restore point. Type anything that you can recognize later. Press the Create button.
- Windows 8 will start creating a restore point. The progress bar will show “Creating a restore point…”. Wait till the process completes.
- When a restore point is successfully created, a confirmation message will appear (just like in image 2). Press the Close button. Then press OK button on the System Properties window.
That’s it!. You have just created a restore point in Windows 8. To confirm, go to System Protection tab in the System Properties window and press System Restore… button. System Restore window will appear. Press next and you’ll see a restore point with the name you entered in step 4 above. Press Cancel button as we don’t want to restore yet!