Want to create an animated GIF from your favorite YouTube video? Try ‘GIF Youtube‘, a free web application which will let you convert any YouTube video into a short animated GIF file. This online GIF generator is stupidly easy to use. All you need to do is add GIF before a youtube.com video URL and open it with your web browser. No need to install any additional software or plugins.
This online Youtube GIF creator can be accessed from this easy to remember URL: http://www.gifyoutube.com. GIF Youtube offers some basic customization options. For example: you can set animation length, add captions and give a title to your gif file. For ease in sharing, this Youtube GIF generator tool also provides embed codes and direct link to the generated .gif files.
Steps to generate GIF from a Youtube video:
- First copy the URL of your favorite Youtube video.
- Edit the URL by adding gif before youtube.com. Example: http://gifyoutube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0 instead of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0
- Open the edited URL with a browser.
- The video will appear in a modal window with some configuration options. First set a start time and length of your animation. The preview will automatically load. Change your start time and length for adjusting your animation.
- Use the Title field to add a name to your GIF.
- Use the Captions link to add some words over your gif animation.
- Once you are satisfied with the result, press the CREATE GIF button.
That’s it! You have just created your first animated GIF from a Youtube video. Now share it with your friends and followers on your favorite social networks and forums.
Example of an animated gif file created with GIF Youtube: