Facing trouble while uninstalling or repairing Avast antivirus software? Wondering how to uninstall Avast completely? If yes, you should use an Avast removal tool. In fact there is an official removal tool called Avast! Software Uninstall Utility. By using that freeware tool one can easily clean uninstall or completely remove Avast products from a computer. Read on for more details and instruction.
Due to several reasons you may want to completely remove Avast. For example: when repair option is not working, when the standard Avast! uninstall process (using add/remove programs in Control Panel) fails or when you want to use a different software. The AVAST Software Uninstall utility is a small file (less than 1MB) named aswClear.exe. It is a freeware removal tool, programmed to perform just only one task – completely remove Avast products from a computer. So, by using aswClear you will be able to completely remove Avast antivirus or any other Avast products. The Avast uninstaller is available for download on official Avast! website.
How to uninstall Avast! with aswClear?
- Download aswClear from official website (look below for download link).
- Turn off your computer and start Windows in Safe Mode.
- In safe mode, go to the location where you saved aswclear.exe file. Run it.
- In the AVAST Software Uninstall Utility window, select the correct Avast product. If your Avast installation location different from the default, browse and select the correct folder.
- Press Uninstall button. A message will ask you to confirm. Press Yes button.
- Then uninstall process will start. Once the process is complete, you’ll be prompted to restart. Press Yes to restart your computer or No to restart later.
The above steps will completely remove the selected Avast product. Now reinstall Avast, use another application or do whatever you wanted to do.
Note: Avast has self-defense module. So, uninstall utility can’t run in normal mode. You must run the utility in Safe Mode. But if you want to try the AVAST Software Uninstall utility tool in normal mode, disable the avast Self -defense option first ( from the Troubleshooting section in Settings).
Download Link: http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/aswclear.exe