Want to change your current Windows 8 theme? Want to customize the look of your desktop? Microsoft Windows 8 operating system comes with some default themes which looks great and easy to customize. Find below detailed instructions on how to change your theme. Also learn how to customize the background, color, windows sounds and screen saver in your Windows 8 computer.
Steps to Change theme in Windows 8:
- Right click on desktop and select Personalize from the context menu.
- Windows 8 Personalization panel will appear. There you’ll see your 4 different section – Current Themes, Windows Default themes, Installed Themes and High Contrast Themes. Double click on the theme name you want to use. Instantly Windows will switch to that theme.
Selecting or changing a theme changes desktop background, sounds, color and screen saver. But you can set each of them separately as per your own preference.
Want to customize desktop background or wallpaper slide show?
- Press the Desktop Background link in the bottom of Personalization window.
- Select images for your background, choose picture position and select a time period from the Change picture every option.
- Press the Save changes button.
Want to change color of your taskbar and Windows borders?
- Press the Color link at the bottom of the Personalization window. The Color and Appearance settings window will appear.
- Select a color of your choice from the default colors or from the color mixture. Optionally slide the Color intensity roller to make the color appear darker or lighter.
- Press Save Changes.