If you are using default Firefox settings and never used Private Browsing option, you are at risk of exposing your browsing history to praying eyes! You should erase Firefox history as soon as possible. Firefox stores a lot of information related to your web browsing behavior. For example, it stores names of sites you visited, search terms you used for searching, files you’ve downloaded, passwords to sites you logged, website cookies in etc. If you don’t erase them, anyone with access to your computer will be able to look at your Internet browsing history. Sometimes, it may put you in embarrassing situation. Those information may also risk your online privacy & safety. So why take risk and leave behind your web browsing history? Remove your Firefox history today.
How to Clean or Erase Firefox history?
- Go to Tools in your Firefox window. Or, Click the Firefox button on top left and go to History menu.
- Select “Clear Recent History” option from the menu that appears.
- A new window will appear. Click the menu next line saying “Time range to clear:” and choose a time range. I suggest you use last one saying “Everything”.
- Then view the Details below. Make sure that every option has a tick mark before it. If not, click in the empty box and select.
- Finally press the Clear Now button.
That’s it. Firefox history, till that very moment will be removed from your computer. If you select all options in the step following information will be removed from your computer: Browsing & Download History, Form & Search History, Cookies, Cache, Active Logins, Offline Website Data and Site Preferences.
Those looking for a shortcut, press Ctrl+Shift+Del. It will directly bring up the “Clear Recent History” window.