Corel Corp. has introduced Corel WordPerfect Office X5, the newest version of its alternative to Microsoft Office. WordPerfect Office X5 brings more collaboration tools, more PDF capabilities, more file sharing options and more Web access to the office suite to offer users even greater flexibility in how they work, both online and offline. According to Corel, the WordPerfect Office X5 offers a complete suite of powerful office productivity applications, all from one trusted source. And with support for more than 60 file formats, including Microsoft Office files, this productivity software makes it easy for users to create and share files in whatever format they choose.
Features of WordPerfect Office X5 includes:
- A complete office suite comprised of WordPerfect X5 for word processing; Quattro Pro X5 for spreadsheets, charts and graphs; Presentations X5 for creating and presenting slideshows and demonstrations; and WordPerfect Lightning for collecting and storing information for digital note taking.
- Enhanced PDF Tools: The PDF office suite continues to offer users unrivaled flexibility when working with PDF documents, including PDF creation out of each application, opening PDFs in WordPerfect, creating archival and password protected PDFs.
- Better integration with document management systems including Microsoft Office SharePoint
- New Web services integration: Now users can quickly and easily populate their documents with content pulled directly from a Web service or internal Enterprise system.
- New Mozilla Thunderbird for WordPerfect Office: An integrated email client and calendar that offers a tabbed email view and powerful search tools.
- New Nuance PaperPort SE 12: Users now have the ability to easily organize, annotate and share PDFs.
- Expanded support for Microsoft Office’s latest XML formats, allowing users to open, edit and save in OOXML (docx, xlsx, pptx) formats
- New Reference Center: It is now easier to find answers, with guided tutorials for every part of the suite
- File Format Freedom: Compatibility with more than 60 file types, including Microsoft Office, enables users to focus on the content of their files, not the format. And enhanced compatibility with binary Microsoft Office formats ensures that file content displays better than before.
Corel WordPerfect Office X5 is available in three versions: Standard, Home & Student and Professional. Standard version features all the essential features of a office suite. The Home & Student Edition provides the office suite essentials for home PC users and students. It’s the easy and affordable way to create documents, manage money and design multimedia slideshows. The Professional Edition is the essential office suite for business and power users, allowing users to create high-impact documents, spreadsheets and presentations, and manage databases and email. With enhanced compatibility, it can easily open, edit and save the latest Microsoft Office file formats and work more collaboratively with powerful new PDF features and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server support.
Corel WordPerfect Office X5 – Standard Edition is now available at a suggested retail price of $159.99 for the upgrade version and $249.99 for the full version. The Home & Student Edition is available at a suggested retail price of $99.99 for the full version. The Professional Edition is available for the suggested retail price of $259.99 for the upgrade version and $399.99 for the full version.