On Tuesday, Apple introduced new MacBook line of laptop computers at company headquarters in Cupertino, California. The new notebook features an NVIDIA GeoForce 9400M graphics processor that Apple CEO Steve Jobs said will increase performance by a factor of 5, compared to older MacBooks. The new notebook has a 13.3 inch all glass instant-on LED-backlit displays that not only uses less energy but also delivers more vivid colors than previous technologies.
The new MacBook family redefines notebook design while dramatically lowering the entry price. The entire enclosure of MacBook is created from a single piece of aluminum, which makes it thinner and lighter. The price of MacBook starts at $1,200.
Some technical specifications of Apple MacBook laptop:
Size and Weight:
- Height: 0.95 inch (2.41 cm)
- Width: 12.78 inches (32.5 cm)
- Depth: 8.94 inches (22.7 cm)
- Weight: 4.5 pounds (2.04 kg)
- 13.3-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors.
- Supported resolutions: 1280 by 800 (native), 1152 by 720, 1024 by 640, and 800 by 500 pixels at 16:10 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio; 720 by 480 pixels at 3:2 aspect ratio.
Processor and Memory:
- 2.0GHz or 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 3MB on-chip shared L2 cache running 1:1 with processor speed.
- 1066MHz frontside bus.
- 2GB (two 1GB SO-DIMMs) of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM; two SO-DIMM slots support up to 4GB.
Graphics and Video Support:
- NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory.
- Extended desktop and video mirroring.
- Built-in iSight camera.
- DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter.
- VGA output using Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter.
- Dual-link DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter.
- 8x slot-loading SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW).
- 2.0GHz MacBook: 160GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard disk drive. Optional 250GB or 320GB 5400-rpm hard drive or 128GB solid-state drive.
- 2.4GHz MacBook: 250GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard disk drive. Optional 320GB 5400-rpm hard drive or 128GB solid-state drive.
Connection and Expansion Ports:
- MagSafe power port
- Gigabit Ethernet port
- Two USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps)
- Mini DisplayPort
- Audio line in
- Audio line out
- Kensington lock slot
- Built-in AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi wireless networking2 (based on IEEE 802.11n draft specification); IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible.
- Built-in Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate).
- Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector).
- Built-in stereo speakers.
- Built-in omnidirectional microphone.
- Combined optical digital input/analog line in (minijack).
- Combined optical digital output/analog line out (minijack).
- Supports Apple Stereo Headset with microphone
- Multi-Touch trackpad for precise cursor control; supports two-finger scrolling, pinch, rotate, three-finger swipe, four-finger swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities.
- 2.0GHz MacBook comes with built-in full-size keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted “T” arrangement).
- 2.4GHz MacBook comes with built-in full-size illuminated keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted “T” arrangement).
Battery and Power:
- 45-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- 60W MagSafe Power Adapter with cable management system
- MagSafe power port.
- Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard (includes Time Machine, Quick Look, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Front Row, Xcode Developer Tools).
- iLife ’08 (includes iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iWeb, GarageBand).