AMD on Wednesday announced the launch of ATI FirePro family of professional graphics solutions. The new ATI FirePro V8800 with ATI Eyefinity technology supports up to double the display real estate with 2.6 teraflops of breakthrough compute performance in a single card. It is the only professional graphics solution in the world supporting ATI Eyefinity multi-display technology and Microsoft DirectX 11 technology.
The ATI FirePro V8800 is a powerful solution, delivering 2.6 teraflops of raw computing power with the highest memory bandwidth (147.2 GB/s) available in any single-card professional graphics solution. With ATI Eyefinity technology, professionals can use up to 2x the screen workspace with a single card and increase productivity. Three and four display desktop configurations are simple to enable with the ATI FirePro V8800 – users only need to connect the additional displays to the graphics card.
ATI FirePro V8800 Specifications:
* Stream Processors: 1600
* Memory Interface: 256-bit
* Size/Type: 2GB GDDR5
* Bandwidth (GB/s): 147.2
* DisplayPort: 4 Standard
* Max Resolution: 2560×1600 @ 60Hz
* Stereo (3-pin DIN): Yes
* DirectX: 11.0
* OpenGL: 3.2
* Shader Model: 5.0
* ATI Eyefinity Technology Support2: Yes
* ATI CrossFire Pro Support4: Yes
* ATI FirePro S400 Synchronization Module Support (for Framelock/Genlock): Yes
* Stream Computing: Yes (OpenCL 1.05)
* OS Support: Microsoft Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Linux6 (32-bit or 64-bit)
* Max Power: <225 W
* Slots: 2
* Form Factor: Full Height / Full Length
* Support Energy Star 5.0 Compliance: Yes
* Bus Interface: PCI Express 2.0 x16
Price: The price of ATI FirePro V8800 is $1499 USD.